AI can augment all modes of transportation to materially impact safety for all types of travel. It can be used in structural health monitoring and infrastructure asset management, providing increased trust from the public and reducing costs of repairs and reconstruction.
CATS AI and Cognitive sensor based architectural system integrated with AOT is composed of :
- Few Photonic sensors installed based on bridge characteristics.
- Images Processing, Communication devices, Dynamic Big Data that stores bridge condition data, Cloud based server that calculates and analyzes data transmitted from the monitoring devices.
- A complete array of data collecting 1000s datapoint per millisecond provides useful information to the stakeholders on real time basis. Bridge operators or civil engineering team will be able to use cloud-based approach from any location to stay informed about the events related to bridge condition. It will be simple for stakeholder to take corrective action quickly and effectively in the following order.
- Once any parameter crossing threshold is earmarked by Photonic sensors with Geospatial information, Alarms signals can be set to inform the stakeholders of critical event. Individual can be assigned to gather visuals. Drone or ROV can be mobilized in case of inaccessible location.
- A Report on extent of Damage and need of maintenance, repairs or replacement will be advocated by Artificial intelligence platform. For ex. Determining whether there are deviations from the target load and thereby assess the maintenance requirements.
- Cognitive and deep learning abilities will support decision making during uncertainties and develop an intelligent, self-learning scheme will be personalized for each individual bridge.
Photonics, Image processing and IoT and AI are integral part of nervous system in monitoring bridge health and a way forward in predicting, preventing, protecting infrastructure. It is a paramount need to implement lethal combination of technologies which will continuously monitor condition of bridge. It is useful for public safety and reduction in human losses. The system will help in disaster management and recovery. PHOTONIC sensing delivers reliable and robust STRUCTURAL HEALTH MONITORING solution that determines & detects, distinguishes & discriminates, locates & resolves multiple threats in real time.