The photonic technologies and systems will transform the Train as a Sensor. The communication between 2 or more trains can take place at min distance of 5 km and max upto 50 km.
- Every train will communicate with other trains, stations, linemen, etc. with relevant information illustrated (and exhaustive in its coverage as under:
- Blockade on track.
- Overflooding on track.
- Damage on track.
- Repairs work
- Environmental conditions like density of fog, rainfall, visibility etc.
- Bridges / Tunnel crossing.
- Red signal overrun.
- Crossing through red zones / Naxal areas.
- Railway crossings
- Accident, Fire, or other hazards on the train.
- Untimely / urgent stoppage of train on non-earmarked location or Station that is not predetermined.
With Array of Things enabled platform, Photonic sensing is operated remotely. Information, alerts, alarms, etc. can be provided on any communication protocols. Post repairs, analysis of specific deflection or alleviated damages are also monitored. Historical patterns are stored to provide right prediction, prevention and protection of Asset.
Trains as a Sensor will be communicating data that can be of immense use during Disaster management.